I know from experience how difficult it is to:
secure sustainable income in your social enterprise;
communicate your impact in a way that attracts customers, funders, donors, sponsors or investors; and
- not know what to focus on when there's 101 things to do every day
- I also know how it feels to not have the capacity to deliver everything you envision!
I've been there, worrying about cash-flow; trying to deliver amazing impact; not sure who to focus on speaking to next; and having no idea what to do with all the incredible data you've collected!!
You're torn between delivering the impact and developing a business strategy that works and brings in income every month!
It's tough at the top, as CEO, of your purpose-driven business!
I've been there. I've hustled, lost the work-life balance battle, gone round and round in an endless cycle of uncertainty and insecurity, wondering if I should give it all up and just get a normal 9-5 which pays me a better wage, and gives stability! Do you ever feel like that?
It doesn't have to be like this though YOU CAN achieve financial sustainability; speak with confidence to your dream investors, funders or customers; measure your impact in ways that make sense to you and your team; and communicate your impact in a way that attracts people and income!
I did it and it's possible for you too!
I've set-up and developed three successful organisations: the first at the tender age of 23, tripling the annual income in just 12 months with grant funding (from £20k to £60k); the second a social enterprise that secured 70% trading income with corporate partners in 18 months, growing from just £14k in year one to over £100k a year and a half later (I have to say this was in partnership with my best friend and we made this happen together); and the third, this one, Share Impact Ltd, which made me money from day one of going full time!
What's the secret? I just got really good at measuring and communicating the social and environmental impact we deliver. And I can show you how too!
In doing so, I also....
- found SECURITY in knowing exactly how much money would come in to my bank account each month
- increased my PRESENCE and INFLUENCE as an expert in my field
- gained CONFIDENCE in talking about my organisation with passion and excitement to different audiences including CEOs of multi-national corporations; investors & grant funders; world leaders (yes I met Archbishop Desmond Tutu once!); politicians (we run our programme finale at Parliament every July); Headteachers; anyone who held the purse strings; as well as my family and Joe Bloggs next door (because sometimes they're the hardest people to explain what you do to)!
- And I gained CLARITY on where to FOCUS my attention each day, to achieve the success I dreamed of!
There's no reason you can't do this too, but
Sometimes its hard to figure things out on your own.
That's where I come in.
As your coach, I will:
- focus on YOUR goals, vision and values
- support YOU to implement strategies aligned to who you are and want to be as a social enterprise leader
- help YOU get out of your own way to achieving success
- empower YOU to communicate your impact in a way that attracts customers, funders and investors
guide YOU to implement the systems that generate income, maximise your time and get your communications on track
- nurture YOU be the LEADER you were born to be!
Depending on where you need most support, we could spend time clarifying your purpose; measuring your impact; crafting your Impact Story; developing your communications plan; setting up your communications systems; creating amazing copy on your website; developing your social media content; attracting new income or whatever else needs doing to get you to where you want to be!
Whatever you need to secure financial sustainability we'll work together to make it happen.
Because without customers, you don't have income and without income you can't deliver the amazing social or environmental impact the world so desperately needs.
- A 30 minute call to see if we're a good fit, to discuss how I could help and decide on timings that would suit you
- A plan of a suggested way forward and agreement on what we'll focus on
Its only at this stage that you decide whether you want to commit
- 3x 75 minute calls where I coach you through the things you want to focus on
- Follow up email with workbooks, resources and an action plan after each call
- Email and Whatsapp access to me (on weekdays, 8am-6pm GMT) during our time together and up to 3 weeks after our last call for you to ask questions, check things out and review progress
- Follow up call (within one month) to review progress and check-in
- 1 hour 'done for you services' to help you move forward. This might include re-writing some copy on your website, creating a corporate sponsor pack, writing a Press Release, an infographic or drafting out your impact report.
- Free access to any and all group & self-study programmes launched during our time together (currently the Impact Academy - 90 days to Financial Sustainability)
- 50% off all future programmes that I launch in the future....forever!
- (And if you choose to continue working with me beyond the 3 weeks, you'll just be charged the difference for my 8 week programme)
What will we cover on the coaching calls?
My approach is completely tailored to what you need and the unique struggles you're facing in your social enterprise.
The main focus is usually on business strategy, impact measurement and communications planning, but I often address the mindset issues holding social entrepreneurs back such as a lack of confidence; re-connecting with your purpose and clarifying your vision.
Here are some of the things we could work through during our time together:
- Reconnect with your vision, your values and purpose – and embed this at the heart of your organisation
- Get crystal clear on what impact you want to achieve
- Clarify your income goals and what financial sustainability looks like for your organisation
- Identify your target audience – the specific people you want to attract to your business and find out what they want to know
- Discover strategies for attracting your target audience in a way that makes them want to invest in your business
- Determine what your social impact is and learn new tools for measuring it
- Create your unique Impact Story and discover how it will attract paying customers
- Plan what, where and how to communicate online, in person and in print
Over the three calls I'll coach you to think about your social impact, communications and business strategy to achieve the results you desire. I provide information, resources and action plans after the calls so you can continue implementing the changes you need.
I'm here to help you through the process and will do my up-most as your coach, cheer-leader and friend to get you to where you want to be.
What's the investment?
Pay in full for £800
(or get in touch to discuss payment plan options)
I only take 4 clients a month.
So to ensure you can get started with me sooner rather than later BOOK your FREE, no-obligation 45 minute call with me here. We'll discuss the areas you need support with and put a plan of action in place.
I'll be completely honest about whether I can help you and if I can't I'll try and refer you to someone else who can.
Frequently Asked Questions
There's loads of free support and advice out there for social entrepreneurs why should I pay for coaching with you?
You know what there is some fantastic free support out there and if you haven't accessed that yet by all means sign-up, it probably will help. But I offer something different.
Many of these free programmes offer one or two hours on measuring impact, and very few of them offer support on marketing and communications. This is what I specialise in. I provide a wholistic approach to business strategy for social entrepreneurs, aligned to your 'why' and vision for the world, so you learn how to communicate the impact that matters and attracts the income you need.
My one-to-one approach also enables us to dive deep into what works for YOU as the owner, leader and founder of your organisation, not just a one-size fits all approach to running a social enterprise.
I've also been there, I've set-up and run social enterprises, I've been through the struggles, I've done the long hours, and I've felt the frustration. Working with me isn't about quick wins, these things take time but you will notice a difference as soon as I start working with you. Many of my clients have seen results within a month of us working together, that has repaid the investment.
What if I can't afford it?
This may sound flippant (it's not meant to) but can you afford not to get the help you need to turn things around? How long can you go on before you'll have to give up? If you really think about it, how much time and money are you wasting now, spinning your wheels to do everything for very little or no financial return?
This is just a small investment to fast-track you to where you want to be. I won't encourage anyone to go in to debt but sometimes it's necessary to invest to see the results. I did this when I started Share Impact, I invested in a high level coach for 12 months - it was a huge financial commitment, but it was the best money I've ever spent. Have you got any savings, reserves, credit cards, things you could sell on ebay, family or friends who could lend you the money? Sometimes we just need to make a small sacrifice with the other things we spend money on, for a short amount of time, so we can invest in the things that get us results!
I know how difficult it is to invest in yourself when finances are low. I'll be honest with you from the start, if I don't think I can help you to see returns from working with me I'll suggest something else - I'm not in this to just make a quick buck, I genuinely want to help you achieve your vision and dreams. We can also discuss payment plans to spread the payments out.
I'm not in the UK can we still work together?
Absolutely. In fact the majority of my clients to date have been in the USA and Australia. We arrange our calls at times to suit you. And as long as they're during UK daytime (7am - 8pm) we can usually make it work.
How is payment made?
Payments are requested by Paypal. You will receive an email requesting payment via PayPal, making it super simple and hassle free (regardless of what currency your pay with).
When does payment need to be made?
Payment should be made before our first call. The PayPal request will give you a date by which it needs to be paid.
There are also payment plan options, where you pay a partial payment upfront and subsequent payments as agreed. Please get in touch to discuss this option.
What results can I expect?
This really is down to you and how you choose to implement what you learn through my coaching, workbooks and resources. I'll support you all the way, but at the end of the day its your business and you have to do the work.
Previous clients have seen results following the first call. Others have seen a return on their investment within as little as a month of us working together through securing new customers / partnerships, additional income or implemented improved sales funnels.
You can read the types of results my past clients have had here.
The types of results you might see depending on what you choose to focus on:
- improved clarity about your business and income strategy
- a clear communications plan you can confidently implement
- new methods for collecting feedback, evaluation and measuring your organisation's impact
- improved confidence in your 'why' and vision, and how to communicate & achieve it
- increased presence and influence in your field
- practical action steps to achieve your goals
- new income streams and financial sustainability!
Things are pretty busy in my life & business at the moment, should I wait for a better time?
If you're ready to make the shift to Successful Social Entrepreneur, there's no time like the present. There will always be distractions and things to do. And, if you wait for the 'perfect time' it will likely never happen. How long can you really go on without financial security and opportunities to grow? We can discuss how to manage your time so it doesn't just become another burden on your time, but productive in achieving your vision.
I have a charity or voluntary organisation, can you still help me?
Yes! If you're stuck on how to measure and communicate your social impact to attract grant funding I can help you with that. Before I became a social entrepreneur I worked for 7 years applying for grants, managing projects and evaluating impact for funders.
I just need someone to create my Impact Report - can you do that?
Possibly. I have helped clients with Impact Reports in the past. Check out Solutions for the Planets which I designed. The best thing to do is jump on a call so we can discuss what you need.
I just need someone to help with our social media strategy, and manage it for us - can you do that?
Possibly. One of the services I offer some clients is social media management. The best thing to do is jump on a call so we can discuss exactly what you need.
"Before I started working with Kat I didn't know how to craft my sales pages so that it was a no-brainer for people to buy from me. After just three weeks I know exactly what I need to include and am re-writing my sales pages to make them more compelling.
I also feel far more confident about the value of what I am offering.
I loved working with Kat because she was easy to talk to and understood the specific challenges I face with running an ethical business."
Jen Gale, Founder & Ethical Business Coach, www.jengale.co.uk
One final note...
Whether or not you choose to work with me, I want you to know.... the issue(s) you tackle and the amazing solutions you deliver are too important to go unnoticed.
Whatever it is, there was a powerful reason why you created your social enterprise.
And remember it's your unique vision and approach that the world needs to create the change that is needed, and without you it probably won't happen.
So don't give up, but make sure you do the things in your social enterprise that will give you financial sustainability because without this you will struggle to reach your vision.
I believe you can achieve whatever you want to in your business, but I know from experience, we all need help from time to time.
I would love to work with you to make sure you and your organisation achieve your dreams - a world where the issue you tackle is no longer a problem. Where your solution has changed the status-quo.
This is a world I want to travel to with you. I believe together we can make this happen.
I'l just provide that different perspective and help you find solutions to get your story out there, so you can attract more income, grow your business and create greater impact.
With me you'll know exactly who you need to target and how to attract them to buy from or partner with you.
How? Social enterprises who communicate why they exist and share their social impact story, have greater influence and presence. More people know about them, and as a result they grow more quickly. But this has to be done consistently and with purpose. And I know how hard this is when your main focus is on delivering the impact in the first place.
I also give back and am committed to a social enterprise supply chain. So you can trust that any money you invest in me will go on to do good in the world, as I only spend money with other social enterprises, purpose-drive businesses and charities focused on solutions I'm most passionate about: youth leadership, women's empowerment and anti-trafficking/slavery.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.